Outtakes: Mistaken Identity
Here are some outtakes from early drafts of The Spell of the Black Dagger, passages that did not make it into the final version of the novel.
Originally the protagonist, Lady Sarai, was named Lady Kara. Since another character was named Karanissa, there was some possible confusion. These are bits I wrote before I decided that there was too much confusion, and changed her name.
- Back to Outtakes page
- Two snippets explaining why I changed my heroine's name.
- Tabaea looks for a quiet place to conduct a magical experiment.
- A guardsman looks at some local scenery from atop the city wall.
- The city guard prepares to face Tabaea's mob.
- The original Chapter Thirty-Eight, which was removed completely.
- Various bits I trimmed from various places.